Posts to our blog are intended to create communication amongst the writer and readers, and the early childhood sector.
Early Childhood Australia (ECA) does not endorse views expressed by the authors of articles on The Spoke. The Spoke is a place to facilitate ideas and discussion and for educators and parents to share their own experiences.
ECA does not take responsibility for the opinions or facts presented by non-ECA writers.
Opinion pieces and blogs must aim to be provocative or informative in a way that initiates public debate. Please ensure that you have fact checked your work thoroughly and include references where appropriate. ECA reserves the right to edit submitted content to either read appropriately or fit within our guidelines.
- Word limit: ECA’s preference is for articles to be between 500-800 words in length. We will accept shorter and longer blogs where appropriate. Articles can be submitted in a word document or in the body of an email. Do not include any HTML coding in your submission, or PDF documents.
- Text with hyperlinks is encouraged.
- Blog pieces are not to be used as an advertising channel or for commercial purposes.
- We require at least one image per blog post. Please send images and any required permissions or right to use of photography with your submission. If you do not have a photo to include, ECA can supply one. Please ensure that photos are of reasonable quality and include the source of the image.
- We require a short biography from all writers. Please include a 50-100 word biography and ensure that you include a photo of yourself which is at least 400 pixels wide (preferably a jpeg).
- Please provide any website, twitter or blog details that you wish to add to your biography.
We can’t promise to publish everything but we will read everything. If you do not hear back from us within 1-2 weeks, please assume that we will be passing on publishing the article. We do accept articles that have been published elsewhere or link to other publications. In fact, the blog is great way to publicise great projects in the early childhood sector.
As a participant on the blog as a commenter, please ensure that you are respectful of others views. Differing opinions are welcome, but if you use offensive language or personal attacks, you will be banned from our site. We have no tolerance for any abuse towards writers, commenters or our publishing team. This blog is intended as a starting point for conversations and big ideas. Please be constructive with your comments, or they will be deleted by our publishing team and we will ban you from future engagement with the blog. If you wish to comment anonymously, please use ‘Guest’ and use the email firstname.lastname@example.org.